Monday, December 11, 2006

painted hands

I have a little nugget ya'll can think about. Okay, so God taught me something. I mean, I already knew it, so it was more of a reminder. Here goes:

So I was having a hard time last night. (rather not go into details) but I was frustrated. So instead of going to God with my problems I took a bunch of markers and totally drew on my hand. It looked so neat! You couln't see my hand in the end. Well, it was late and I needed to wash my hand. (it began to smell because that much marker doesn't smell well after a while) So I'm trying to wash my hand and only some of the marker comes off. So my hand is bright red and purple, plus it still smells. So I go to bed but before I do, I rub tons of lotion on to mask the smell. Yeah, now my hand is greesy and smells 2x worse! It was at this point that God reminded me of his love. What happened to my hand is what happens when we try to cover up sin. For example, if you sin and you know you sin. Being a chirstian or a non-christian, if you try to cover up that sin (like I covered up my hand) it may be okay for a while, but then you realize it's not all that great. You feel gross and then your cover up begins to stink. So you try to scrub it off yourself instead of going to God. So after minutes of scrubing, you realize that your "hand" is stained. The sin you committed has stained you. And nothing you try to do can remove it. There is only one thing that can remove it and make you pure again. It's Jesus' blood. Only he can make you clean.


So anyway, there's my little nugget. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,

Ya thats right By his Stripes we
are healed. it reminds me of a song
that one of the pastors at my
church wrote called One Drop Of His
Blood. Hey Steph just to let you
know if you still have not hear
from Leigh she made it down there
safely talk with you soon Take Care

God Bless you

Your Friend
Craig

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph

have you got a chance to hang
out with Leigh i guess she lives
by you now i don't know if you
talked with her yet but got to run
take care

God Bless you

Your Friend
Craig