Sunday, July 09, 2006

9-11..wow..

wow. I just got back from New York City. I was there with my choir from church. wow. God is so amazing. There is so much I want to write about that trip, but I don't have time. However I do want to write this. On Friday, our last day, we got to visit ground zero and St. Paul's Church. wow. I wanted to see ground zero, but I was blown away. It was interesting to see where the World Trade Centers stood..and fell. There wasn't much. Just a really really big hole in the ground. There were still great steal beams in the bottom. You could see where there was damage still being repaired. Most of New York is loud. Yet, there seemed to be this reverent silence around ground zero. It was really weird. We prayer walked around it. Praying for the families of lost loved ones, the military in Iraq and elsewhere. We prayed for the goverment, for our leaders. It was a humbling experience. What got to me, though, was when we went to the church. It was right across from ground zero. The big trees surrounding it, kept it from being destroyed by falling debris. In the chruch were memorials left over from 9-11. There were leters from kids to the firemen and policemen who gave up their lives to save others. There were still posters of people missing, letters to people who were still missing (most likely dead) There were pictures and memorials that family members had set up for their lost family members and friends. It was.. I can't explain it. Afterwards, the girls ensamble (which I'm in) sang in front of this bell that had been dedicated to the people of 9-11. It stood in front of the church. We sang Pass Me Not and the Star Spangled Banner. It was hard to sing the last one because it reminded me and others that were around us of how proud we were to be living in this country. Seeing the memorials, seeing people in that church lighting a candle for their loved ones, it..hurt me to see others still grieving. I'm glad we went to war. I'm glad we stood up to the terrorist. They need to know that you don't mess with America. I just found out that the FBI, CIA or whoever, just foiled another terrorist attack set for New York. Apparently, the terrorist wanted to put a bomb in the subway system that ran from New York to New Jersey. The wanted it to explode and somehow flood Manhattan. How scary is that. I was just in New York. My choir, we rode that subway system. We spent most of our time in Manhattan. I thank God that he led the people to stop that attack. Hearing this, makes me more grateful for America. That we have the freedom to pray to reach out to the people there. To practice our faith. Wow, what a week. I have so much more to say, yet not enough time. Check out our web site: www.vglive.com It has all our pictures and stuff from that week on it. Be blessed!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Mehh. Sorry it's been so long, my love. I love you.