Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wow! What a day! Today, we had my brother's b-day party. He's now 15!!! Wow! We are growing up so quick! It's awesome! First, the girls ensamble sang in church today. We sang our accapello(sp?) song: faithfull. I love the lyrics to this song. They are so true! Here they are:

As I look back over my life, I can see how your love has guided me.
Even when I've done wrong, you've never left me alone, but you forgave me.
And you've kept on guiding. This I recall to my mind therefore I have hope.
It is because of your mercy that we are not consumed. Because thy compassion
fails not, it is new every morning! Great is thy faithfulness. Great is thy faithfulness.
I can never repay you Lord for what you've done for me. How you've loosed my shackles
and you've set me free. How you made a way out of no way. Turned my darkness into day.
You've been my joy in the time of sorrow. Hope for my tomorrow. Peace in the time of the
storm. Strength when I'm weak and worn! You've been, Lord you've been so faithfull.
You've been, Lord you've been so faithfull!

How true is that!! Okay, now to my random part of the blog :) As I was waiting for my family to arrive for the party, I ended up watching this really, not lame, but cheesy version of speed. It was called AirSpeed. It was a pretty good movie, but the camera work was bad and the acting was really cheesy. The plot wasn't to bad. (OKAY, SPOILER WARNING: IF YOU DO DECIDE TO WATCH THIS, DON'T READ. I'M COMMENTING ON THE ENDING!) Okay, so the plot is:
This really rich millionare and his wife (okay, so I missed the beginning.) well I"m not sure why they weren't with their daughter, but anyway. They are waiting for thier daughter to arrive at some airport in his private plane. Well, something happens (yeah, I missed this part too.) and a huge whole gets blown into the side of the plane. It's big, but not big enough to wreck the plane.
So anyway. The pilote gets nocked out and so does all the other crew members, plus the co-pilot. the daughter is the only one concious with no injuries. So She puts on the headphones and calls to the tower. So the next hour and half is about this girl, Nicole, trying to fly the plane by herself.
Of course the autopilote had to be engaged and headed for a crash course with the airport. Go figure it can't be turned off. Everything possible goes wrong. They lose connection, all that jazz. In the end, after every rescue and every other attempt is made to save the plane, this girl gets mad. She takes a baseball bat and beats the autopilote to death. (Why she didn't do this in the first place is beyond me!) and the autopilote disengages. In the end, she safely lands the plan and everybody is happy. So it sounds lame, but it was quite interesting. Well, that's my story:)
Be blessed ya'll!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

haha Love, sorry I haven't commented in so long. it's been ages since I
ve even been on Blogger.

Kathryn said...

HEY! YOU! Post!