Saturday, December 24, 2005

Waiting

I missed you today. I was looking for you. I waited for you. Did you not hear me calling?
I watched over you while you slept. I excitedly waited for the morning. I thought, yes! Maybe today! Maybe
today, you would hear my calling. I couldn't wait to talk to you! It has been so long! I miss you! I waited patiently for you as you got up. My heart was full of anticipation. But you turned away. Okay, I thought, maybe later. As you got ready for school. I helped you find your shoes, but you didn't know it. As you drove, I kept a drunk from hitting you. But you didn't know it. As you waited..and waited..and waited for the light to turn green. I called your name. Hoping you would hear. But no, you turned on your radio. As the day went on, I was there. I was there as you rushed to class. I was there when you finally passed your spanish class with an A. I rejoiced over you. I love you! I was there when those guys stole your money. I was there when you tried to cover up your black eye. I cried over you! I want to help you! I wanted to be right by your side. But you pushed me away. All you had to do was call my name. I was there when you came home to your parents fighting. I was there when you were hurt by their angry words. I wanted to swing down and comfort you. I wanted to wipe away all your pains. All you had to do was call. But you turned away. You went to bed hurt, angry, and dissapointed. I waited and watched you as you slept. Maybe tomorrow, I thought.
The next day came. Still you turned away. "No." you thought "No, why should I call to a God who doesnt' care?" NO! I thought. I'm not like that! I care! I really do! You just won't let me! Finally, you met a friend who ivited you to a party. "Yes!" You thought, " I need to get away." But it was unlike anyparty you've ever been to.
Right in the middle of the party, a man got up to speak. He spoke of me! You tried to tune him and me out.
But couldn't. I waited, I was on the edge. I wanted to jump up and shout, but I waited. The man spoke of my love. My comfort. He spoke of what I did for you on the cross. Yes, it was painfull, but I would do anything to keep you with me. I LOVE YOU! I want you to have the best. He spoke of the people mocking me. Their harsh words. The beatings they gave me. You thougth before that I couldn't understand your pain. I do understand more than you know. Finall the moment came I had waited for for so long!
"JESUS! I need you! " your vioce broke, and My heart burst at your call. "Here I am" I said, and I will never ever leave!


2 comments:

Kathryn said...

@_@ LOVE!! Did you write that?? It's incredible! I wish I;d written it! -jealous- XD

untamed said...

No, I think that and the other one came really from the Lord.