Friday, December 09, 2005

The warrior's armor

Tack, I was originally put this post out for you, but I figured anybody could see this one. (This post is mostly for Christians but if your not you could learn something as well)
This is what David Sapp ( a really cool guy) spoke about last Wed. night.

We being Christians have a fight continuously before us. Because we are Christians we have already won the battle! Jesus has already defeated satan. Satan knows this, but wants to take out as many humans (not just Christians) as he can. Just to get at God. As warriors for Christ we need armor. Without it, just like in a real physical battle we would totally lose. Ephesians6:12 says: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Thus we need to be prepared. Eph.6:13 says: Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day fo evil comes, you may be able to stand you ground.
This is your amor:

The warrior's armor: Ephesians 6:14-18

Eph. 6:14
1> Belt of Truth
Satan likes to attack with lies. That is his main weapon. He is the father of lies.
Satan will use lies to break you and wear you down. He will use lies like, "your no good, your worthless, God doesn't really love you." and so on. Those are flat out lies. But sometimes when we get down they are easy to believe.
>John 8:32 says: "..the truth shall set you free" It will. Jesus didn't die on the cross and bear all that pain just so he could say, "naw , I really don't love you and your worthless!" In the ancient Roman times, men wore dress like clothes. When in battle they had to wear a belt to hold up their long clothes so they woudn't trip and fall. Not only it SURE IS HARD running in a dress.(all you ladies out there know what I mean:) If you trip and fall when someone is coming to kill you that gives the other person an advantage. (duhh!) For us, the belt of truth is holding our long robes up so we don't trip and fall for the devil. It reminds us that those things are lies.

Eph 6:14
>Breastplate of rightechousness.
(sorry guys, I ran out of time. I'll tackle this one tomorrow. By the way, if you understood what I said earlier, let me know. If not let me know also, and then I'll try to explain later.)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thank you, dear. ^^ Wish I could have been there. Wow, you take good notes. xD I can't even read my own writing, so my notes don't usually do me a lot of good. xDDD

Love you, sweetie. Thanks.